What is the difference between Slime’s various tire sealant formulations?
Slime offers specific tire sealant formulas to meet different needs. Please refer to this tire sealant comparison chart for a quick overview of which tire sealant you should use.
- Emergency Tire Sealant (yellow label) is designed for use on highway vehicles experiencing a flat tire emergency. It seals punctures up to ¼” instantly so you can quickly and safely get your vehicle back on the road and off to a tire repair station. Slime’s Emergency Tire Sealant is not a long-term solution. You should remove the formula within 3 days or 100 miles.
- Thru-Core Emergency Tire Sealant (yellow label) is also designed for use on highway vehicles experiencing a flat tire emergency. But Thru-Core offers the latest in flat tire repair technology because it injects the sealant through the valve stem (no need to remove the valve core!). Thru-Core is tire sensor safe and an alternate air source of your choice is required.
- New! 2-in-1 Tire & Tube Premium Sealant (black label) formula takes out the guesswork! Does your tire have a tube inside, or is it tubeless? Who cares?! This new sealant works in all off-highway tires and tubes to prevent and repair flat tires for up to two years.
- Prevent and Repair Tire Sealant (blue label) formula is for use on non-highway tubeless tire and can be pre-installed to prevent flat tires for 2 years on trailers, ATVs, mowers, tractors, wheelbarrows and much more!
- Prevent and Repair Sealant for Tubes (red label) formula is designed to be used on tires with inner tubes (bicycles, scooters, strollers, etc.). Pre-install into your tubes to prevent flat tires for 2 years!